- Fast Co.Design's Most Innovative Student Design of 2016: Students David Al-Ibrahim, Kohzy Koh, and Elushika Weerakoon's Readi is amongst a collection of student projects Fast Co.Design have called the most innovative student projects of the year.
- IxDA Student Design Challenge: Students, Kohzy Koh and Song Lee, win first place in the IxDA Student Design Challenge award for their project Wristguard, a smart glove for sanitation worker safety. Watch the video.
- Webby Awards: Alumni Barbara deWilde wins a Webby Award for "Cooking with the New York Times" in the Mobile Sites & Apps - Food & Drink category. Faculty Paul Ford was nominated for the Best Individual Editorial Experience and Best Writing (Editorial) categories for his essay "What is Code?", while alumni Gene Lu's "Run Wars" was nominated in the Websites - Weird category, and alumni Tony Chu's "A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning" was nominated in the Websites - Science category.
- Core 77 Design Awards: Student Nic Barajas, along with Products of Design's Qi Ziyun and Roya Ramezani, wins Student Runner Up at the Core 77 Design Awards with Yawnie, a yawning smart product that helps people develop good sleeping habits. Watch the video.
- Dream It, Code It, Win It: Students Kohzy Koh, Elushika Weerakoon, and David Al-Ibrahim win the Award for Creativity at Dream It, Code It, Win It for Readi, an expressive, all-in-one home safety device. Watch the video.
- KPCB Design Fellowship: Student Kohzy Koh is a KPCB Fellow at Uber for 2016, which offers top U.S. college and graduate students a chance to work inside innovative Silicon Valley startups.
- Design Observer 50 Books | 50 Covers: Chair Liz Danzico co-edits a book, LEAP Dialogues, that wins the 50 Books | 50 Covers awards in both categories.
- Fast Co.Design's 2016 Honorable Mention for Students: Students Bowen Li, Uijun Park, Paola Rangel, and Elushika Weerakoon's Kiwi is amongst a small collection of projects chosen for honourable mentions on Fast Co.Design's Innovation by Design Awards.
- NYC Design Week 2016: Students Song Lee and Shane Strassberg's Meow ("Men's Empathy Of Women") was picked to be showcased during NYC Design Week 2016 in the Design Collective Grouphug's show "Judge Me".
- Code for America Fellowship: Alumni Jennings Hanna received a 2014 Code for America Fellowship to assist the Mayor's Office of the City of Albuquerque in building a product that helps residents get access to financial wellness tools. Learn more about his year as a fellow here.
- 2014 Yelp School of Visual Arts MFA Interaction Design Scholarship. Luke Stern won this award, an award intended to recognize and reward a student in the field of interaction and product design as it relates to community building, personal storytelling, local business evangelism, or entrepreneurship. Learn more here.
- Good Design Hackathon: Students Tony Chu, Michael Yap, Prachi Pundeer, and Tom Harman took Best in Show in this first of GOOD's Design Hackathons. Second-year Tina Ye's work took Most Innovative. Read more.
- With a Wave of the Hand, Improvising on Kinect: The thesis project of student Russ Maschmeyer is featured in "Personal Tech" in the New York Times. Read more.
- Obtract Tracks And Shares Your Distraction Levels—And Gets You Working Again: The thesis project of student Eric St. Onge is featured in Fast Company. Read more.