Robert Fabricant, who recently gave a talk at Dot Dot Dot “Entrepreneurs“ on challenges designers face as social innovators and entrepreneurs, sums up eight lessons to take away for those who work in this area. Below is a brief outline of the lessons:
1. Undervalue Your Own Ideas.
2. Don’t Pursue Perfection.
3. You Are Not the Only Creative in the Room.
4. Your Perspective Is Not Automatically Unique.
5. Learn From Your Elders.
6. The Web Will Not Save You.
7. You Better Be In It for the Long Haul.
8. Don’t Celebrate Too Early.
Fabricant is attending the World Economic Forum, and will be blogging from the conference for the rest of the week.