The preliminary deadline for applications is fast approaching on January 15, 2009. While this is a suggested deadline, we will continue to accept applications on a rolling admissions basis throughout 2009 until all spaces have been filled for the program.
Prospective students can expect the following timeline from January through April:
- January 1, 2009Reminder for prospective students interested in pursuing financial aid; fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- January 15, 2009Early application deadline for prospective students.
- February 23, 2009Applicants who applied by January 15 receive notification about coming in for a personal interview. (Admittance to the program requires a personal interview. Prospective students living beyond a 1,000-mile radius of New York City may request a telephone interview instead.)
- February 24 – March 6, 2009Personal interviews for the program.
- April 1, 2009Applicants who applied by January 15 receive a decision in writing from SVA.
- Ongoing throughout 2009Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling admissions basis.
The department is happy to advise students in preparing your application counsel you in preparing your portfolio. Contact the department to set up an appointment.
To find out more about the application requirements or go directly to the application here. If you have questions, or want to stop by for a tour or a talk, drop a line to Mary Jeys, Assistant to the Chair, at interactiondesign at sva dot edu or 212.592.2561.